Here’s something Coral & I made up, with help on the spices from Emeril. Measurements (or lack thereof) are my doing.
- Some potatoes (about 5) skinned, cubed
- Same volume as potatoes: pumpkin, cubed
- Milk, about half the volume of potatoes
- 1/8 medium onion, chopped
- 6 pieces bacon
- Sage (quite a bit)
- Brown sugar (more than you’d think)
- Parsley (quite a bit, it’s pretty but doesn’t taste like much)
Boil the potatoes + pumpkin + chopped onion in enough water to substantially cover.
Cook the bacon crispy, save the bacon grease.
Once potatoes + pumpkin + onion are mashable, drain about half the water out. Mash well.
Add: milk, sage, brown sugar, parsley, and bacon grease. Cook for a while, don’t burn the milk.
Crumble the bacon with some brown sugar for the top.